The 5th city clinical hospital was founded on the 5th of June 1958 under Clause 1 of Decision No.553 “On the establishment of the 5th united hospital and increase of provision to Stalin district” by the Executive Committee of Minsk City Council of Working People’s Deputies. The capacity of the hospital was 220 beds.
In August 1958, the first 80-bed building was put into operation.
On September 10, 1958, the first hospital order was made. This date is the start date of the hospital activities.
The list of chief physicians:
- Aleksandra Y. Sidorkova (first chief physician of the hospital);
- Rostislav L. Shimkevich (headed the hospital from 1959 to 1989);
- Georgy A. Kolyada (1989-2002);
- Mikhail F. Nazarchuk (2002 – till present).